Day 24: Fluid Typography & Layout
What I’ve done today
Today I experimented with fluid layout.
I’m going to build a site that basically consists of sliders.
So the requirements are:
- The Layout of a slide has to be as free as possible.
- That means elements can be placed freely and can overlap each other.
- The plan is to make the whole thing responsible.
Soooo… I started by experimenting in a codepen.
Feel free to check out the first results
This is what happens:
- I place elements by
top CSS Values.
- In addition to that I implemented fluid typography.
- If the viewport width is under a certain limit, I just place the elements per
display: block; and
which means they take the full window with.
This way it’s possible to do ‘gridless’ layouts with all freedom possible but also have them work responsive.
What I’m planning to do next
Refine my work
Link Dump for today: