Day 2: I joined the 100 days of code challenge
My first project is to configure my diary.
What I’ve done today:
- Fork the original repo
- Add Jekyll and a template
- Configure the template
- Build a “link dump” functionality:
- Links and their description can be put in YAML FrontMatter
- A link list is generated
- The link list automatically tries to grab a favicon from the linked site and shows it if it finds one
What I’m planning to do next:
The diary still looks quite raw and ugly.
So I’ll add some styling I think.
- Its easier to think about cool features than to actually develop them ;-)
- There are a lot of solutions for a problem - some of them are bad
Link Dump for today: